Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox?

I think I would have to go with delicious and photostory.

Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

Oh, I am sure I could get a lot out of the kids using photostory. They'll have a chance to use their own skills and really show who they are by taking photos and videos and constructing stories, projects, etc.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I think I have allowed myself to open up more about the possibilities that are out there. The fact that this wasn't the case before has a lot to do with the sheer wealth of information, and, to be sure, it is STILL overwhelming, but, of course, the longest journey begins with the first step, right?

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I wasn't entirely sure what this program would be about, but now that I know, I am forced to think of ways to integrate these tools into my teaching...and I really didn't expect that there would be so many tools that I either didn't know about or only had an inkling of an idea. But it is all very exciting and I am sure the kids will enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lemans,
    I like your Homer Simpson pic...I think its my favorite thing I've seen so far on a school blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lemans,
    Wow! I am so impressed with your blog and that you've already completed all 11 Tools plus the Reflection. I fear I will still be working on Tool 3 when school starts. It is a little harder for the 50+ group to get up to speed. You are an inspiration! I loved you film about your Tokyo trip. That must have been an amazing learning experience for you. I look forward to seeing you again in a week or so!

    ReplyDelete