Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tool #7

Alrighty, so I did photostory and it was, well...another slideshow. It was cool using it and all, but it was just really similar to powerpoint...I guess I don't really see a big difference, though I guess if you added video it might be easier to work it in. At any rate, I do think it would be an excellent way for students and teachers to create a presentation about a subject area or a particular assignment...it's fun. I know it isn't really quick and easy (though it isn't that hard, either, as I saw that others had posted on the 11 Tools page), and can be pretty meticulous, but the final product is nice to see once you're done adding everything you want. I was not sure how to get it to upload as a video from my computer (nothing I was doing was working), so I uploaded it to Flickr just to get a bloody URL!! It is still processing as I write, so I guess I will try to upload later. It will probably be at the bottom of my blogspace, unless I opt for putting it under the other slideshow...I don't know...

I saw that others were having trouble uploading...but my issue was trying to get it to upload from the computer. Was there something I should have done that I didn't...?

3 comments:

  1. Just realized that flickr has a 90 second limit on video, so you won't see the whole thing. DRATS!!!! Okay, guess I'll find some other way to make it work, then upload that after removing what is presently at the bottom of the page. UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I guess I need to resave the photostory with increased volume...I can barely hear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess not...my volume controls were compromised because of photostory...got it back to how it should be now!!!

    ReplyDelete