Monday, July 26, 2010

Tool #9

So, I haven't Jinged yet, but I could certainly see how it could be helpful in the classroom. It could be a way to get a center more interactive for the kids and keep them occupied in authentic learning situations while teacher works with another group on who knows what. I could also see students jinging information while they are working on those projects they have to do (science, social studies, etc.), where they would not have to all crowd around a single computer or run copies of information in order to share...they could send the info. to each other instantly, computer to computer.

As far as Skype goes, I've never done this either (I don't have a PC camera and don't know if I want one...though I know you can Skype with audio only), since I only know of a very few people that I would want to use this with (i.e., Irfan, my friend in Pakistan). However, now that it is a distinct possibility as far as our classrooms go, I figure I could get in contact with schools that I either worked in or visited (that is, if they have a Skype account) in other countries, so that students could talk to each other, say, about how division is done is such-and-such country as opposed to here in the U.S., or something along that line. It would be really cool, I think, to be able to Skype with a school where students are learning English, so that they could speak to students hear in the U.S. to get a little practice.

I guess I'll have to get to work on these eventually...just not now. But I do see many ways these tools could be used in the classroom... ... ... and elsewhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment