Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tool #3

Alrighty, then, for this I went to Animoto (had seen several slideshows but never done one), Big Huge Labs (to use the map maker; had seen maps on others' blogs and thought that would be cool to have), and Comic Strip Generator. They were all easy to use and fun, and that is just with me knocking something out really quickly. I am sure the kids would get a kick out of using these applications for things like setting up a problem of the day, monitoring where students in the class go during vacations, putting together a slideshow of a field trip or the process involved in creating something (say, a science or social studies project), etc. Again, it is just another way to get some excitement out of what we request them to do in order to further the skills they already have or maybe even have them discover something in themselves that they didn't even know was there (or at least WE didn't know...). While most of the ones I used are pretty image heavy, I am sure that they could still be used to assess skills in all of the subject areas, and for students who struggle with written assignments, these could be another way to accommodate their learning and still be able to assess what they know. I decided to post my creations directly into my blog as opposed to attaching them in this post.

4 comments:

  1. Your Animoto looks great but unfortunately is cut off so we can't see the whole thing...due in part to the layout you have chosen....and that is ok ...you have the right to choose you layout!
    You might want to move your
    Animoto to the area at the bottom of your design..there should be a wider location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...hadn't really thought about that. But since it is minimal...I'll just go ahead and leave it there (lazy bum, I am!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your animoto is cool! It would be a great advertisment for next year's "Spotlight on Stratford". I could see showing it as a sample and the having your kids create one of thier own taking pictures during the event. I did a map on Map Maker, too. We should compare notes. I need to add some new locations to mine next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of that, Anne...thanks!! And, yes...we'll definitely have to compare notes on travel. Hey, have you read Eat, Pray, Love yet? You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete