Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tool #5 Social Bookmarking

Well, I like that now I have a space where coworkers and I can keep sites bookmarked and let those be seen so that ideas are more easily shared. I think this will allow us to be more forward-thinking in terms of what we want the kids to do and how, since social bookmarking sites allow us to see the same information, discuss it, and then share a common language with the students.

I used special education as a tag to look up a few sites, and I went to a few that deal with differentiated instruction (http://toolsfordifferentiation.pbworks.com/) and media help for all teachers (http://www.readwritethink.org/). This could easily become overwhelming, but if one puts in time on the front end to get some sites up that one visits frequently, then they are neatly organized an easily located in one place, as opposed to, say, typing in the name of a site each time you want to go to it, or messaging a friend to ask about a site that he/she thinks might help you with whatever.

I know that functionality is a big plus for Diigo and delicious, but I am still not exactly sure how I will use them in the classroom, especially since our reading program is pretty tight and doesn't allow much time for exploring outside of it. Anyone...?

Alrighty, then...

No comments:

Post a Comment